The Pathfinder club is a world-wide, Christ-centered, co-ed youth organization for boys and girls in grades 5th-10th, with opportunities to continue leadership training beyond. Anyone from any religious persuasion, or none at all, are welcome and encouraged to join.
Its nearly 30,000 clubs operate in 120 countries around the world. There are 27 Pathfinder clubs in the Wisconsin Conference as of 2015. The Pathfinder organization leads its members into a growing, redemptive relationship with God. It helps to build its members into responsible, mature individuals, and involves its members in active selfless service.
Our mission: To provide a program that offers action, adventure, challenge and group activities that produce team spirit and loyalty to God and the church.
Pathfinders offers a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & camping/survival skills
- Grade appropriate leadership training
- Activities promoting community pride and involvement
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honors) given upon completion
- Personal care and encouragement by a caring staff member! While many school classrooms have 10-30 students per teacher, Pathfinders offers AT LEAST 1 staff member to every 5 Pathfinder ratio!
- Being an active part of our church family through worship services and social events
To join, fill out a membership application and join in on an upcoming club meeting! Please contact our Club Directors, Matt & Marcie Brunner by sending a note through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or call/text at (850) 896-2465 or (850) 381-5801. We look forward to meeting you! Upon membership approval, we will invite you to join our private Facebook page to share notes, stories, photos, etc. All parents are encouraged to join this page upon their Pathfinder enrollment to keep up with the club activities and events in our conference!
We meet in the gymnasium of our church grounds located at 919 W 10th St, Altoona, WI 54720 on most Wednesdays 6:30-8:00pm. A calendar is available.
International Forever Faithful Oshkosh Camporee
On August 11-16, 2014 our Pathfinders joined over 40,000 other Pathfinders from around the world in the largest International Pathfinder camporee to date. We spend our week learning the story of Daniel, spending time in prayer 3 times a day, earning a few of the over 100 honors available, and even learned to play a shofar! You can learn more about this experience at www.camporee.org. This camporee is held once every 5 years, the next one being August 2019! If you are interested, become a member of our club and join us in the next camporee at Oshkosh, Wisconsin!